Home |

Follow ERSFU

School Tours

Permission to Tour

There are three situations to consider:

        You are going on tour overseas
        You are receiving/playing an overseas school on tour
        You are crossing a home border to play a school in Scotland, Wales or

Please note that applications need to be submitted no later than a month prior to touring

In each case you need to apply for permission: What you have to do is described here

If you have any queries you should contact
David Bowers (KSRFU) at
davidjbowers@hotmail.com  (07742 149000) or
Mark Lowe (ERFSU) at Hon_Secretary@EnglandRugby-Schools.com

 *** Apparently this message is not getting through ****

Please please note that the process for applying for Permission to go on Tour or to receive an Incoming Tour has slightly changed this season.

NB All tours include Training Camps in another Union, including Ireland, Scotland and Wales without a fixture also require permission.

In order to request permission you will be required to complete the necessary forms, and to complete an online Typeform where you will be required to upload supporting documentation.

An U15 player against an U17

Regulations do not permit this in this country (except for certain National Academy players).  However, you may be faced with the possibility while on Tour

Advice is contained via the same link as above



Alert: Some schools are unaware of something very important

Did you know that if you arrange a tour yourself rather than through a travel company you are NOT ATOL covered?

Recently a school landed overseas only to find the airline they had booked on was no longer trading. They thought ATOL would sort it out - but ATOL is an "insurance" scheme that travel companies pay into to protect clients. It does not cover privately organised trips.

If you didn't know - you do now!